Tuesday 14 February 2017

Apple Slaw

Hey There Beauts, back with another one of my Fav's - My Apple Slaw 

 Anyone who follows my Instagram will already now how much I love this! I get so many messages asking for this recipe every time I post a fresh batch and to be honest I think some may be disappointed when I send it on - i'm guessing most people are expecting something fancy and complicated 🀣 So I am now officially apologizing in advance because this is as basic as it gets, but it tastes amazing and just look at those colours! So if something EASY, Fresh,Veggie Packed and seriously tasty is what your looking for then your in the right place πŸ™‹ My batch normally makes 5 portions(could easily get 6/7) so it spends 5 days in the fridge and stays perfectly fresh, in fact it gets better as the week goes on sitting in all the juices πŸ˜‹ So its a great one for meal prepping in advance! It makes a great base for Tupperware lunches and goes with almost everything! 





What You Need
  • Quarter head of Red Cabbage - about 400g 
  • 1 small onion 
  • 1 pink lady apple
  • 1 large carrot
  • 15ml Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 50ml Lighter than Light Mayo
Shred/grate up all the veggies and mix well in a large bowl, add in your Mayo and Apple Cider Vinegar and again mix well so its all evenly distributed. And that's it! Simples. I just cover the bowl in clingfilm and store in the fridge.

The two pictures above have red cabbage and white onion, the one below was this weeks batch of white cabbage and red onion - purely because Aldi had no red cabbage πŸ˜† but you know what I actually think its nicer! 

So play around with veggies, more carrots, less onions, more apple etc there isn't any rules although I would recommend the cabbage to be the large base of it all!

Replace the Mayo with Greek yogurt for a protein hit, add in spices etc... I've used white wine vinegar in place of acv before to and it worked perfectly.,. Oh and don't fear the acv, it doesn't taste how it does when your trying neck it first thing in the morning 🀣 Its only 15ml and its fab in it! Huge health benefits as we all know so its like a sneaky way of getting some into you without you even knowing 😜 Also the vinegar is what keeps it all fresh for the few days in the fridge so its a must. If you need ideas of what to eat this with just look on my Instagram there is weekly photos of it with my meals πŸ˜† Or give me a shout πŸ€™

Hope your all having a fabulous Valentines Day πŸ’“


Pops x

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Do you know the macros?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey doll!! With this it varies so much depending on quantities of Veggies and also portion sizes!! I get 5 big portions , even the 1st pic above isn't even a full one I had ate some before it made the plate haha so u could get more if u wanted. Roughly it works out for me at about 13c 1.5p and fat free depending on mayo - I use the lighter than light x

      Delete
    2. Hey doll!! With this it varies so much depending on quantities of Veggies and also portion sizes!! I get 5 big portions , even the 1st pic above isn't even a full one I had ate some before it made the plate haha so u could get more if u wanted. Roughly it works out for me at about 13c 1.5p and fat free depending on mayo - I use the lighter than light x

      Delete