Monday 16 October 2017

My Irish Mammy Slow Cooked Beef Casserole

When I lived at home this was my absolute favourite dinner of my mams 😊 So as soon as I moved out I needed to figure out how to make it myself. That was nearly three years ago now so I've done loads of experimenting and tweaking on this recipe until now that is, where I reckon I have got it at it's best ever 😍 Just look at that bowl of BEAUTY →→→→→ →→→→→→→→→→     If your already a casserole lover, like me, you will spot a good one when you see it 😜 Melt in the mouth meat how do you do 😍
 There is literally no excuse for someone not been able to make a casserole, it's literally fool proof, especially if you have a slow cooker like me, and if you don't then go buy one. Best €20 I ever spent, yes just €20 is all a slowcooker should set you back. It will become your best friend, especially in winter time 😊
Ingredients
I portion this in two but really it could do 3 people, we can't leave any behind in our house and always finish the whole pot between us 🙈 
300g stewing beef
Carrots
Turnip
Red onion
Any extra veg you fancy but I find these 3 are a must in casserole, parsnip or butternut squash also work great
Clove of garlic or a tsp of garlic seasoning
15mls Worcester sauce
25g tomato puree
1 beef stock cube
2 tsp of mixed herbs 
Tsp of cornflour 
Cup of water

                                                  

In a bowl add your beef along with cornflour and mix it all up until meat is fully coated.
Add in your veggies followed by everything else (except water) including the stock cube , just crumble it up and sprinkle all over. Give everything a really good mix and add it all to your slowcooker. Pour over the cup of water, the water should be just close to the top of the ingredients but not covering them completely so add more or use less depending. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6. If the sauce isn't thick enough for you towards the end of cooking, remove the lid for the last thirty minutes and turn the heat to high. 

Serve and Enjoy with your favourite potatoes 
Because whats an Irish Mammies dish 
without Spuds?
Enjoy,
Pops x





No comments:

Post a Comment