Sunday 9 July 2017

Quinoa 'Proats'

Ok so I know its not really right to call these 'Proats' as there is no 'oats' involved, nope ✋just Quinoa, but right now it will have to do until the perfect name pops into that little brain if mine πŸ’­


Now guys please bare in mind this is my most rushed post yet! It wasn't planned at all as it just started as a breakfast experiment yesterday morning with some Quinoa I had got from Discount Supplements! I've been dying to try it for so long as its naturally Gluten free and hoped it would make another great Carb addition to my daily foodie life 🐷

So me being me πŸ™ƒ wanted to do things differently. So rather than cooking it up savoury to go with a salad or my dinner I decided I wanted to try a sweet version 🍬 Now you will all probably know sweet breakfasts are my THAAANG so it was a no brainer, Breakfast it was 🀷‍♂️

After I posted it I got loads of messages asking all about it and the how to so I said i'd better get cracking with the recipe as its so simple anyway πŸ€”

Oh but first while I'm at it here's another few fun facts you might be interested in 😎
🍬Quinoa is one of the few grains that contains all nine essential amino acids
🍫Its  naturally Gluten Free
🍬 Great source of fiber

Some may even call it a "superfood" but we know those things don't exist 🀣 Will leave that for you to decide 🀷‍♂️

Now moving along let's get started πŸ‘
So this was how i made yesterday mornings bowl, I could be doing it totally wrong, i've no idea, but it was my first attempt so please don't hate and bare with me πŸ™

What you need

60g Quinoa(dry weight)
100ml liquid egg whites
10g chocolate whey
This Quinoa is from discount supplements
and its the first one i've ever tried out, its from an Irish Company
too so win win ☘
5g raw cacao powder
Cold Water

So in a saucepan I added in my Quinoa and Water (for amount of water to use weigh out like you would rice, 1 cup quinoa : 2 cups water) brought to the boil, covered and let simmer for 10-15 mins. I panic a bit when lids are on my pots as I can't see whats going on πŸ™Šso I did have a couple of peeps and gave it a few stirs while I was at it. Once id say 95% of the water had been absorbed i added in my whey protein powder and cacao, gave it all a good mix and then added in my egg whites. at this point, on a low heat, I kept stirring until the whites had cooked as i was afraid everything might start to stick. I knew it was going to be good at this stage as it just looked like a creamy chocolatey bowl of absolute yum 😍 With the texture on par with how I like my Oats, just like CEMENT 🀣 Ain't nobody got time for runny Oats 😷 We like it thick and creamy 😍 i served up straight away in my bowl and topped it with some Greek yogurt, melted strawberries and smooth natural peanut butter.



Like everything this recipe should be easily adjustable to suit your own macros, taste etc... 
Add some extra whey protein, change up the toppings, cook in milk instead of water, just like Oats id imagine anything goes !




Now the ideas I have for this in the future are endless, there is so much you can do with Oats so lets see if Quinoa can do the same!





Honestly loved this bowl, lets hope it wasn't a case of beginners luck πŸ™ As I experiment more ill be sure to update this post and keep you all in the know over on Instagram! Also love to hear about your experiments with Quinoa in the past, both sweet and savory?












Apologies again for this rushed post, hope you enjoyed it and might give it a go ❤






As always just shout with any questions,
Enjoy,
Pops x

No comments:

Post a Comment