Wednesday 7 June 2017

Fakeaway - Sizzling Beef in Black Pepper Sauce

This dish is up there in my top 2 own creation Fakeaways - Along with my Chicken Satay πŸ˜‹ I only came up with the recipe a few weeks back, and like I said on my Instagram that night boy did I blow my own trumpet after it! πŸ“―πŸ“― It didn't even need any tweaking, just somehow turned out fab on the first go! To my taste buds anyway! It's got a good spicy kick to it so adjust the recipe as you please! Don't leave the amount of ingredients put you off, 30 mins max is all it will take to make, and worth every minute, promise!! A great one to make at the weekend if your the type that finds it hard to stay clear of the Chinese! Once you give this a go you will never look back and you will have it whipped up quicker than the delivery guy can make it to your door πŸƒ

So lets get cracking.....

Serves 1 -

Beef of Choice - I use Aldi's Beef Medallions and cut them into strips
As many veggies as you like - The more the merrier 🌈 Onions and peppers are my daily staple! But I always have at least 3 different veggies at dinner so whatever else is in the fridge, carrots, green beans, broccoli, red cabbage, white cabbage, peas etc.



Start by frying off your Veggies - I don't like my beef over done so I allow the veggies to soften first for a couple of minutes while I get the sauce ready

Below is what you need

1/2 tsp chili
1/2 ts ginger
1 crushed garlic clove/garlic seasoning/grauales etc
3 tsp soy sauce
3 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp worcester sauce
1 tsp stevia sweetener
1/2 beef stock cube

As much or as little black peppercorns as you like - I like a lot so a good handful for me πŸ€—





Add all the above into a cup with about 30-60mls of water, 30 if you like a thick sauce (like me) and more if you prefer it a bit more runny!



Add beef to the pan with the softened veggies and brown either side before adding in your sauce! Turn up the heat and watch it sizzle! After 3-4 mins of sizzling fun turn it down to med-low heat until sauce thickens and your veg and beef is cooked to your liking!




I'm an amazing photographer I know πŸ˜‚ - pictures don't do this dish justice at all, but like I said earlier you have to trust me on this one! I love it with chips🍟 (like most of my meals as most of you will know I need my daily spud dose πŸ˜‰ ) but try it with noodles or rice, with salad for a lower carb option, in a wrap, it will go with anything!


Cant wait to hear what everyone thinks, as always be sure to let me know! Feel free to use Chicken instead of Beef, just swap the stock cube for a chicken one! Any other questions on ingredients, substitutes etc just shout!


Enjoy Beauts,
Pops x



No comments:

Post a Comment